Online Master of Science in Accounting (MSA) Degree
Master Advanced Concepts to Become an Asset to Accounting Teams
100% Online M.S. Degree
Career-Focused MSA Courses
Expert Faculty Guidance
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
- Duration 2 years
- Cost per Credit $520.80
- Credit Hours 45
- Choose five electives that support your goals
- You can fulfill requirements for CPA licensure
- Complete your MSA courses part-time or full-time
- No GRE/GMAT requirement to apply
Accounting professionals are consistently in demand, and EOU’s online M.S. in Accounting degree program enables you to stand out for premier roles with leading employers. Our courses go beyond the theory of typical MSA programs by imparting expertise in governmental and nonprofit accounting, managerial finance and data analytics. Get started to thrive in a field with impressive pay and job security, as employers are projected to hire 136,400 accountants and auditors each year from 2021 to 2031.1
Achieve a Solid ROI for Your Accounting Career
Demand for accountants continues to rise, as organizations could need more than 1.5 million by 2031.1 Our online Master of Science in Accounting degree program provides a direct path to leadership positions across this field, including accounting manager roles in regional and rural communities. Plus, capitalize on our solid alumni base and network of local employers that allow you to form career connections while seeking your M.S. in Accounting degree online.Explore Careers
Career-Focused M.S. in Accounting Courses
45 Credit Hours
EOU’s online Master of Science in Accounting program consists of 15 courses, including five electives for tailoring your degree to your career goals. You’ll receive personal guidance thanks to our 16:1 student-to-faculty ratio, benefitting from hands-on learning that prepares you to become an accounting manager, finance leader and beyond.
The MSA courses include:
- Advanced Topics in Governmental Accounting
- Not-for-Profit Accounting and Auditing
- Data Analytics Applications for Accounting
- Managerial Finance
How to Begin the MSA Admissions Process
Multiple Start Dates
No GRE/GMAT Requirements
Apply now to pursue your M.S. in Accounting degree online with EOU. In addition to flexible online coursework, the MSA program has start dates in the fall, winter, spring and summer, providing a convenient way to earn your Master of Science degree on your desired timeline. Here are the requirements to meet when you apply:
|Online application form — Apply now|
|B.S. in Accounting degree with a 3.0 GPA|
|Official transcripts from all accredited educational institutions attended|
|One recommendation letter|
|$50 application fee|
An Affordable MSA Education
$23,436 Total Tuition
Financial Aid Available
EOU’s online M.S. in Accounting degree is quite affordable, as the tuition is less than half the average cost of most master’s degrees.2 Our enrollment team is here to connect you with options for making your education as affordable as possible — for instance, 92 percent of EOU students capitalize on financial aid options.Learn More
What You’ll Learn
Our online Master of Science in Accounting degree program immerses you in advanced concepts relevant to auditing, financial management, data analytics and beyond. You’ll gain abilities for becoming an effective leader or manager by delving into accounting techniques employed by public-sector, nonprofit and finance employers.
After completing your M.S. in Accounting degree online, you will be able to:
- Perform advanced analysis of financial statements and accounting data
- Make competent managerial decisions in complex situations using accounting and financial data
- Report results of advanced financial analysis and accounting activity to stakeholders both orally and in writing
- Demonstrate adequate preparation to take accounting positions in governmental, quasi-governmental and not-for-profit organizations
- Integrate advanced accounting knowledge within the broader context of governmental, quasi-governmental, and not-for-profit organizations
What It’s Like to Study Online
Earning your degree online from Eastern Oregon University is a great opportunity because there are no on-campus requirements. You will have access to the same professors, content and opportunities as on-campus students while learning online in a creative digital format. Our professors work on campus and are experts trained to deliver innovative, engaging online education.Explore the Online Experience
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to a few frequently asked questions about this program.
You can complete the program in just 18 months by taking classes full-time. To learn about the curriculum, visit our Courses page.
No, EOU doesn’t require entrance exams for this program. You can learn more about the program’s requirements on our Admissions page.
EOU accepts applications throughout the year, with deadlines in the fall, winter, spring and summer. To learn more about the application requirements, visit our Admissions page.
Eastern Oregon University offers four start dates each year — in the fall, winter, spring and summer. You can learn more on our Admissions page.
No, this program doesn’t include concentrations or specializations. However, you can select five electives to tailor your master’s degree to your career goals. To learn more about the coursework, visit the Courses page.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Accountants and Auditors.” Retrieved February 14, 2023, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/accountants-and-auditors.htm/.
- Education Data Initiative. “Average Cost of a Master’s Degree.” Retrieved February 14, 2023, from https://educationdata.org/average-cost-of-a-masters-degree.