Expertise for a Dynamic, In-Demand Field
Designed for individuals with non-accounting backgrounds, the online Post-Baccalaureate Accounting Certificate from Eastern Oregon University Online provides the professional expertise necessary for success in a variety of accounting careers. After completing the certificate program, you’ll have the academic credential required to take the CPA exam and begin a position in accounting, taxation, finance, business and more.
- Accountants and auditors make a median annual salary of $73,560¹
- Budget analysts earn a median annual salary of $78,970²
- Business and financial operations occupations are projected to grow 5 percent from 2019 to 2029³
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the business and financial operations industry is currently growing at an annual rate of 5 percent. At this speed, more than 476,200 new careers in the field will be created by 2029.
Accountants work with individuals and businesses to develop financial strategies and promote financial health. In addition to keeping financial records for their clients, they must also ensure their clients abide by tax laws.1
Budget analysts determine the best financial decisions for companies. Professionals in this role plan budgets, identify financial opportunities and develop strategies to improve the financial health of a business.2
Additional roles for graduates of the online Post-Baccalaureate Accounting Certificate:
- Cost estimator
- Financial analyst
- Financial manager
- Tax examiner
- Revenue agent
Get in Touch
We are here to answer any questions you may have. Contact an enrollment counselor at 855-805-5399 or complete the request for information form and we will be in touch.
Program Outcomes: Skills for Diverse Accounting Careers
When you complete this program, you will be able to:
- Employ critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills to resolve complex business and accounting issues
- Utilize appropriate technology to facilitate and enhance accounting and financial reporting processes
- Employ national, international and historical perspectives to analyze accounting and business issues
- Use clear and concise communication to convey relevant financial and non-financial information to a target audience so that decision-makers can formulate informed decisions and take action
- Identify ethical issues associated with business situations and apply appropriate principles of ethics and civic responsibility
Prepare for the role you want with the career support services offered by Eastern Oregon University. As a student and a graduate, you’ll benefit from a variety of services designed to help you stand out among employers and succeed professionally in your field.
- Accountants and Auditors. April 9, 2021. Retrieved May 20, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/accountants-and-auditors.htm
- Budget Analysts. April 9, 2021. Retrieved May 20, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/budget-analysts.htm
- Business and Financial Occupations. Sept. 1, 2020. Retrieved Jan. 22, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/home.htm