Open the Door to Unlimited Fire Service Administration Job Opportunities
The online Bachelor’s in Fire Service Administration program from Eastern Oregon University delivers the advanced critical thinking skills necessary to make an impact in emergency situations. Through courses focused on the principles of emergency services, fire strategy and management, you’ll prepare for a variety of in-demand fire service administration jobs.
- $79,284 average annual salary for fire chiefs1
- $52,500 median annual salary for firefighters2
- More than 20,000 new fire service administration jobs available by 20292
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of available fire service administration jobs is growing. The field is currently experiencing an annual growth rate of six percent. At this pace, 20,300 positions for firefighters alone are expected to be created by 2029.2
Fire chiefs lead teams of firefighters during emergency situations. They are responsible for determining the best plans of action for diverse fire emergencies, and ensure each firefighter within their department is following safety procedures and protocol properly.1
Fire lieutenants assume the supervisory responsibilities of a fire department when the current fire chief is absent. When required, these professionals may conduct training procedures and direct firefighters during emergency situations.3
Additional fire service administration jobs for graduates of this program:
- Fire inspector
- Hazardous material remover
- Emergency management director
Get in Touch
We are here to answer any questions you may have. Contact an enrollment counselor at 855-805-5399 or complete the request for information form and we will be in touch.
Program Outcomes: Expert Skills for Diverse Fire Service Administration Jobs
When you complete this program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a broad-based understanding of the roles and responsibilities of fire services, including all-hazard prevention, response, and mitigation, staffing, organization and future-planning.
- Apply cross-cultural perspectives in the analysis of social, economic and political issues affecting the need for, and delivery of, fire and emergency services.
- Utilize effective skills in critical thinking, analytical and reflective writing and appropriate discourse within the fire and emergency services field.
- Identify, analyze and address real-world problems through investigation and analysis of community hazards and hazard mitigation techniques.
- Practice effective management techniques during emergency situations.
Prepare for the role you want with the career support services offered by Eastern Oregon University. As a student and a graduate, you’ll benefit from a variety of services designed to help you stand out among employers and succeed professionally in your field.
- Average Fire Chief Salary. May 3, 2021. Retrieved May 26, 2021, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Fire_Chief/Salary
- Firefighters. Apr. 21, 2021. Retrieved May 26, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/protective-service/firefighters.htm
- Average Fire Lieutenant Salary. May 1, 2021. Retrieved May 26, 2021, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Fire_Lieutenant/Salary