Prepare For Advanced Roles in Emergency Services
The online Bachelor’s in Emergency Medical Services Administration degree from Eastern Oregon University will prepare you for positions that address the challenges of emergency situations. When you graduate, you’ll be fully equipped with the communication, medical, leadership and legal knowledge to succeed in various emergency medical services careers.
- $70,222 average annual salary for EMS directors1
- $76,250 average median salary for emergency management directors2
- Six percent annual growth for the paramedicine field3
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the need for paramedicine professionals is on the rise. The field is currently expanding at an annual rate of six percent, and more than 17,000 emergency medical services careers are expected to be created by 2029.3
EmergencY Medical Services Director
Emergency medical services directors oversee the emergency medical staff members of a health facility. They are responsible for ensuring all 911 calls are addressed quickly and efficiently.1
Emergency Management Director
Emergency management directors determine the best plans of action for responding to emergency situations and develop protocol for these responses. They must plan and prepare for natural disasters, medical emergencies, fires and more.2
Additional emergency medical services careers for graduates of this program:
- Police officer
- Emergency Service Director
- Operations Manager
Get in Touch
We are here to answer any questions you may have. Contact an enrollment counselor at 855-805-5399 or complete the request for information form and we will be in touch.
Program Outcomes: Emergency Expertise
When you complete this program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a broad-based understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the emergency medical services, including basic healthcare organization, the role of EMS, staffing and organization.
- Practice the core concepts of emergency medical services in your career through effective communication, including scholarly writing and presentations.
- Apply cross-cultural perspectives, rooted in inquiry-based knowledge, to the analysis of social, economic and political issues affecting the need for, and delivery of, emergency medical services.
- Identify, analyze and address problems through investigation and analysis of community health risks, mitigation techniques and planning.
- Respond to a variety of emergency situations quickly and efficiently in a variety of professional roles.
Prepare for the role you want with the career support services offered by Eastern Oregon University. As a student and a graduate, you’ll benefit from a variety of services designed to help you stand out among employers and succeed professionally in your field.
- Average Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Director Salary. Oct. 22, 2020. Retrieved Jan. 28, 2021, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Emergency_Medical_Services_(EMS)_Director/Salary
- Emergency Management Directors. April 9, 2021. Retrieved May 20, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/emergency-management-directors.htm
- EMTs and Paramedics. April 9, 2021. Retrieved May 20, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/emts-and-paramedics.htm#tab-1