Economics Degree Jobs: Competitive Salaries for In-Demand Positions
The online bachelor’s in economics degree from Eastern Oregon University will prepare you for professional opportunities in a dynamic field known for high salaries and in-demand careers. As a student, you’ll explore essential topics, including micro and macroeconomics, the economics of development and management concepts as you prepare for a variety of economics degree jobs.
- $108,350 median annual salary for economists1
- $59,504 average annual salary for policy analysts2
- 14 percent current industry growth rate1
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the professional field of economics is growing at an annual rate of 14 percent, which is much higher than the average industry growth rate. At this pace, thousands of new positions for economists alone are expected by 2029.
Economists help develop solutions to issues facing the economy by conducting and analyzing research. The majority of all economists in the United States are employed by government agencies.1
Policy analysts determine community needs to adjust and develop policies. These professionals typically work with government agencies and nonprofit organizations.2
Additional economics degree jobs for graduates:
- Budget analyst
- Management analyst
Get in Touch
We are here to answer any questions you may have. Contact an enrollment counselor at 855-805-5399 or complete the request for information form and we will be in touch.
When you complete this program, you will be able to:
- Apply economic theory and tools to better understand current issues.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the role of households, firms and government in the market system, plus the operation of a mixed economy from an aggregate perspective.
- Understand economic issues, including Institutionalist, Keynesian and neoclassical economic theory, in examining economic issues such as inflation, unemployment, international trade, government finance, economic growth and the monetary system.
- Present economic research orally and through writing, utilizing both quantitative and qualitative approaches.
- Utilize effective management techniques in diverse professional settings.
Prepare for the role you want with the career support services offered by Eastern Oregon University. As a student and a graduate, you’ll benefit from a variety of services designed to help you stand out among employers and succeed professionally in your field.
- Economists. April 9, 2021. Retrieved May 20, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/life-physical-and-social-science/economists.htm#tab-1
- Average Policy Analyst Salary. Jan. 16, 2021. Retrieved Jan. 29, 2021, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Policy_Analyst/Salary