In-Demand Skills for Tomorrow’s Technology Workforce
As technology continues to advance, the demand for new information technology professionals is growing. The online Bachelor’s in Information Technology Management program from Eastern Oregon University will prepare you for a variety of in-demand careers in IT while providing you with the management skills it takes to become a leader.
- Computer and information technology occupations to grow 11 percent by 20291
- More than 531,000 new careers in IT available by 20291
- $151,150 median annual salary for computer and information systems managers2
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, more than 531,000 in-demand and financially rewarding careers in IT will be created by 2029. Top leaders in the field may earn as much as $208,000 per year.2
Computer and Information Systems Manager
Computer and information systems managers are responsible for choosing and maintaining relevant and cutting edge software and information systems for businesses. They must oversee the functions of all systems to ensure the business can function efficiently.2
Database administrators protect private records and data for businesses through advanced software programs. They choose, update and maintain a business’ security software and databases.3
Additional careers in IT for graduates:
- Computer systems analyst
- Computer programmer
- IT project manager
- IT consultant
Get in Touch
We are here to answer any questions you may have. Contact an enrollment counselor at 855-805-5399 or complete the request for information form and we will be in touch.
Program Outcomes: Career-Ready Expertise
When you complete this program, you will be able to:
- Employ the skills of independent, careful analysis of all operational aspects of information technology facilities.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills with regard to the technical aspects of information technology facilities, in addition to regard for management issues.
- Utilize foundational skills in computer science, such as C++ programming and information security.
- Successfully operate industrial, scientific and commercial applications of technology.
- Pursue a master’s degree to further advance your career in IT.
Prepare for the role you want with the career support services offered by Eastern Oregon University. As a student and a graduate, you’ll benefit from a variety of services designed to help you stand out among employers and succeed professionally in your field.
- Computer and Information Technology Occupations. Sept. 1, 2020. Retrieved Jan. 27, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/home.htm
- Computer and Information Systems Managers. April 9, 2021. Retrieved May 20, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/computer-and-information-systems-managers.htm
- Database Administrators. April 9, 2021. Retrieved May 20, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/database-administrators.htm#tab-1