Fill the Need for Highly Skilled Public Administration Professionals
Advance your public service career and take on management and leadership-level roles. EOU’s classes are taught by faculty with a wealth of public sector experience. You’ll be prepared with hands-on experience through fieldwork experiences with regional or local public sector entities, research projects, collaborative team exercises and case studies.
- A rural-informed curriculum with a global perspective prepares you to be a well-rounded public administration professional
- Hands-on learning opportunities, including team collaboration activities solving real-world issues prepare you for challenging roles
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
Make a Difference with Public Administration Careers
Economic Development Director $78,601 per year1
City Manager $104,922 per year2
Community Development Manager $117,946 per year3
Government Relations Manager $136,689 per year4
Experience the Growth in Public Administration Careers
Multiple career paths that M.P.A. graduates pursue are growing. Our graduates are able to make an impact and experience career success in a variety of fields and specialties.
- Graduates pursue careers as policy analysts, community development managers and government relations managers at local, state and federal levels.
- Employment of urban and regional planners is expected to grow seven percent between 2020 and 2030.5
Program Outcomes and Skills Acquired
What You’ll Learn
Upon graduation, you’ll be able to:
- Lead and manage in public governance.
- Participate and contribute to the policy process.
- Analyze, synthesize, think critically, solve problems and make decisions.
- Articulate and apply a public service perspective.
- Communicate and interact productively with a diverse and changing workforce and citizenry.
Skills You’ll Gain
- Policy creation
- Critical thinking
Prepare for the role you want with the career support services offered by Eastern Oregon University. As a student and a graduate, you’ll benefit from a variety of services designed to help you stand out among employers and succeed professionally in your field.
- Economic Development Director Salary, Retrieved February 16, 2022, https://www.salary.com/research/salary/recruiting/economic-development-director-salary.
- City Manager Salary, Retrieved February 16, 2022, https://www.salary.com/research/salary/recruiting/economic-development-director-salary.
- Community Development Manager Salary, Retrieved February 16, 2022, https://www.salary.com/research/salary/benchmark/community-development-manager-i-salary.
- Government Affairs Manager, Retrieved February 16, 2022, https://www.salary.com/research/salary/benchmark/government-affairs-manager-salary.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Retrieved February 16, 2022, https://www.bls.gov/ooh/life-physical-and-social-science/urban-and-regional-planners.htm.