Bachelor’s in History Career Opportunities
The online Bachelor’s in History degree from Eastern Oregon University delivers the skills you need to follow your passion for history into a variety of rewarding careers. The program provides a historical background for the study of other disciplines and the tools necessary for responsible citizenship to ensure you graduate ready to pursue a graduate degree or take the next step in your career.
- $63,100 median annual salary for historians1
- $62,870 median annual salary for high school teachers2
- More than 40,000 new Bachelor’s of History career opportunities by 20292
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there’s a growing abundance of Bachelor’s in History careers. The field of education is growing at an annual rate of four percent, and more than 40,000 new teaching opportunities are expected to be created by 2029.
Historians conduct research on the past and examine historical artifacts to develop educational materials. Their work is often published and used in postsecondary classrooms.1
High School Teacher
High school teachers educate students in specific areas of study to prepare them for college or the workforce after graduation. Their responsibilities include planning lessons, assigning and grading coursework and evaluating the academic progress of each student.2
Additional Bachelor’s of History careers for graduates:
- Elementary school teacher
- Museum curator
Get in Touch
We are here to answer any questions you may have. Contact an enrollment counselor at 855-805-5399 or complete the request for information form and we will be in touch.
Program Outcomes: Bachelor’s of History Careers
When you complete this program, you will be able to:
- Synthesize and discuss selected historical experiences in the Americas and in Europe.
- Demonstrate a wide-ranging understanding of the core concepts, events and historiographical trends in selected areas of American and European history through written and oral work.
- Apply mastered skills in historical research, critical thinking, reading and writing, and polished oral presentation of scholarly work in the workplace.
- Express an understanding of the role of historical knowledge in shaping the narratives of a nation and a world, demonstrated through a critical understanding of how the use/misuse of history contributes to political, social and cultural interpretations, and how multiple historical discourse communities make history public.
- Continue learning as an informed reader through advanced educational opportunities.
Prepare for the role you want with the career support services offered by Eastern Oregon University. As a student and a graduate, you’ll benefit from a variety of services designed to help you stand out among employers and succeed professionally in your field.
- Historians. April 9, 2021. Retrieved May 20, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/life-physical-and-social-science/historians.htm
- High School Teachers. April 9, 2021. Retrieved May 20, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/education-training-and-library/high-school-teachers.htm?utm_source=inhouse-other-internet&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=all&campaignid=70161000001CtDhAAK&vid=1000016