Inspire Healthy Changes in Your Community: Health and Human Performance Jobs
Through courses taught by health experts, the online Health and Human Performance degree will prepare you to inspire positive change in the lives of others and promote healthy lifestyles and longevity in your community. When you graduate, you’ll have the skills it takes for the fitness or health education career you want, plus the credential to pursue certification or a master’s degree.
- Fitness training industry to grow by 15 percent by 20291
- Health education field to grow by 13 percent by 20292
- $48,140 median annual salary for health educators2
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports a growing increase of available Health and Human Performance degree jobs. By 2029, more than 57,000 jobs for fitness trainers alone are expected to be created by 2029.1
Fitness trainers help individuals meet their personal fitness goals through exercise. These professionals may work in sessions with individuals, or with groups in fitness class settings.1
Health educators coordinate educational programs that share health and wellness information with children and adults. They coordinate programs to address public health issues facing a community.2
Additional Health and Human Performance degree jobs:
- Physical therapist
- Occupational therapist
- Community health worker
- Fitness center manager
- Physical education teacher
Get in Touch
We are here to answer any questions you may have. Contact an enrollment counselor at 855-805-5399 or complete the request for information form and we will be in touch.
Program Outcomes: Credentials for the Human Performance Job You Want
When you complete this program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of health and human performance.
- Utilize effective communication methods with diverse individuals in the workplace.
- Apply fundamental discipline concepts to practical community health and exercise-based problems.
- Effectively address and answer questions surrounding health and human performance.
- Develop health and fitness plans to meet the specific needs of individuals.
Available Health & Human Performance Concentrations
Health & human performance is a fast-growing career field. Choose from four concentrations to tailor your degree to your career goals.
B.S./B.A. in Health & Human Performance: Nature and Outdoor Recreation Programming
Integrate the study of outdoor recreation with holistic health and then complete a two-week summer field studies program in the largest wilderness area of Oregon.
B.S./B.A. in Health & Human Performance: Community Health
Learn to address a range of health and wellness concerns throughout diverse communities, and provide education on disease prevention, injuries, illness and more.
B.S./B.A. in Health & Human Performance: Exercise Science
Develop essential wellness skills and become eligible for career advancement through certifications in strength and conditioning, personal training and inclusive fitness training.
B.S./B.A. in Health & Human Performance: Physical Education and Sport
Build a strong foundation for your education career with a curriculum that takes a scientific approach to physiology, motor development, movement analysis and more.
Take the next step in your health and human performance career with help and support from our faculty of instructors.
- Fitness Trainers and Instructors. Apr. 9, 2021. Retrieved May 17, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/personal-care-and-service/fitness-trainers-and-instructors.htm
- Health Educators and Community Health Workers. Apr. 9, 2021. Retrieved May 17, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/community-and-social-service/health-educators.htm