Online Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations: Careers
Launch a Successful Career in Public Relations
Interdisciplinary Skill Development
Certified Public Relations (CPR) Exam Prep
Eastern Oregon University’s online B.S./B.A. in Public Relations delivers the theoretical knowledge and real-world field application you need to take your first step as a skilled and ethical PR professional. When you graduate, you’ll have a portfolio to show employers you’re ready to drive communication strategy, lead effective social media campaigns and more.
- Courses Focused on Social Media and Research: Gain expertise in social media management, research and data analysis to gain an edge in the job market.
- Extracurricular Networking Opportunities: Pursue opportunities like the Public Relations Students Society of America and EOU’s Communication Student Club to make professional connections.
- Prepare for Specialist Roles, Leadership and More: Build interdisciplinary skill sets you can apply in for-profit, government, NGO and non-profit settings.
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
Career Paths in Public Relations
Public Relations Specialist $62,810 per year1
Social Media Manager $52,958 per year2
Advertising, Promotions and Marketing Manager $141,490 per year3
Market Research Analyst $65,810 per year4
Meet the Demand for Skilled PR and Media Professionals
Trained PR professionals play an essential role in nearly every organization by cultivating a positive relationship with the public and crafting ethical, transparent messaging and campaigns. When you earn your public relations degree online from EOU, you will open doors to a growing and lucrative field. You’ll also be prepared to sit for the Certified Public Relations (CPR) Exam after graduation, signaling to employers that you have the advanced skills and expertise required to excel in a wide range of roles.
- The median annual salary for public relations and fundraising managers is $118,430 per year.5
- Employment in media and communication occupations is projected to grow 14 percent from 2020 to 2030.6
- About 151,500 new jobs in media and communications are expected to be added to the market by 2030.6
Program Outcomes and Skills Acquired
What You’ll Learn
- Excellent writing, message development and media production skills
- Expertise in social media development and management
- Competencies in research and data analysis
- Strong ethical awareness
Skills You’ll Gain
- Speech drafting
- Layout design
- Electronic copy editing
- Graphic design
- Audio/video production
- Media buying
Prepare for the role you want with the career support services offered by Eastern Oregon University. As a student and a graduate, you’ll benefit from a variety of services designed to help you stand out among employers and succeed professionally in your field.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Public Relations Specialists. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/media-and-communication/public-relations-specialists.htm.
- Payscale.com. Average Social Media Manager Salary. Retrieved from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Social_Media_Manager/Salary.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/advertising-promotions-and-marketing-managers.htm.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Market Research Analyst. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/market-research-analysts.htm.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Public Relations and Fundraising Managers. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/public-relations-managers.htm.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Media and Communication Occupations. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/media-and-communication/home.htm.