Online Master of Healthcare Administration: Career Outlook
Advance Your Career in Healthcare
The healthcare industry is constantly growing and in need of leaders. There is a wide range of administrative job opportunities across various vital sectors. Having experienced and distinguished specialists teaching in our degree transforms our students into capable, up-to-date graduates and well prepared for entry or advancement in this rapidly growing and dynamic field.
- This program prepares students to step into diverse leadership and administrative roles in their communities.
- Students learn valuable skills such as budgeting, planning, financial management and more.
What Makes Us Unique
Our program emphasizes practical, applied learning, real-world projects and comparative urban and rural healthcare leadership challenges.
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
Pursue In-Demand Career Advancement
Health Service Manager $101,340 per year1
Healthcare Consultant $79,593 per year2
Clinical Director $80,402 per year3
Long Term Care Administrator $79,958 per year4
Succeed in a Career Field That Needs Experts
- Our program gives students the experience they need to succeed in healthcare administration, and our experienced and distinguished faculty is here to support and guide them every step of the way.
- Employment of medical and health services managers is projected to grow 32 percent from 2020 to 2030.1
- About 51,800 openings for medical and health services managers are projected each year, on average, over the decade.1
What You’ll Learn
- Demonstrate knowledge of the U.S. healthcare industry, regulatory compliance, and delivery systems, including disruptive innovations in healthcare operations and how providers will deliver care.
- Compare and contrast today’s urban and rural healthcare systems, including delivery, finances, quality, regulatory policies and practices and compliance, organization effectiveness and clinical and support services.
- Analyze the potential short-and long-term implications of healthcare policy and operations decisions.
- Evaluate the efficacy of information technology in improving patient care, patient outcomes and creating a safe patient care environment.
- Analyze the impact of social policy, finance, regulations, and legislation on healthcare for individuals, groups, communities, and populations on the professional practice of healthcare management.
- Analyze and interpret financial information needed to make long-term decisions for a healthcare organization.
- Incorporate the principles of quality management for improving outcomes in healthcare organizations.
- Demonstrate conflict management, problem-solving, entrepreneurial thinking, team leadership, and communication skills.
- Integrate healthcare ethics and diversity, equity, and inclusion into healthcare leadership practice.
Skills You’ll Gain
- Healthcare management
- Health communications
- Critical thinking
Prepare for the role you want with the career support services offered by Eastern Oregon University. As a student and a graduate, you’ll benefit from a variety of services designed to help you stand out among employers and succeed professionally in your field.
- “Occupational Outlook Handbook: Medical and Health Service Managers.” bls.com. Retrieved on May 20, 2022 from https://www.bls.gov.
- “Average Healthcare Consultant Salary.” payscale.com. Retrieved on May 25, 2022 from https://www.payscale.com.
- “Average Clinical Director Salary.” payscale.com. Retrieved on May 25, 2022 from https://www.payscale.com.
- “Average Long Term Care Administrator Salary.” payscale.com. Retrieved on May 25, 2022 from https://www.payscale.com.