B.S./B.A. in Computer Science: Career Outlook
Computer Science Careers: Unlimited Possibilities
The development of advanced technologies has created a higher demand for computer and information technology professionals. The online bachelor’s in computer science degree from Eastern Oregon University will prepare you to meet this growing demand through skills that will qualify you for diverse computer science careers.
- More than 531,000 new computer science careers available by 20291
- $98,860 median annual salary for database administrators2
- $110,140 median annual salary for software developers3
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of available computer science careers in the field of information technology is expected to grow 11 percent through 2029. This expansion will create hundreds of thousands of new professional opportunities, making now the perfect time to complete your education.
Database administrators protect private records and data for businesses through advanced software programs. They choose, update and maintain a business’ security software and databases.2
Software developers determine the need for new computer systems and programs, and create solutions that will help professionals in diverse industries do their jobs. In addition to developing software, they also provide updates and ensure their programs are operating properly.3
Additional computer science careers for graduates of this program:
- Web developer
- Data analyst
- IT manager
- Computer and information systems manager
- Computer network architect
Get in Touch
We are here to answer any questions you may have. Contact an enrollment counselor at 855-805-5399 or complete the request for information form and we will be in touch.
Program Outcomes: Expertise for Computer Science Careers
When you complete this program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a factual and conceptual grasp of the field of computing.
- Incorporate learned skills to design, develop and evaluate software systems of varying complexity to meet desired user requirements.
- Understand and utilize various industry-standard programming languages and scripting languages to solve problems.
- Apply conceptual knowledge for analysis and problem solving.
- Collaborate with other developers in a variety of professional settings.
Prepare for the role you want with the career support services offered by Eastern Oregon University. As a student and a graduate, you’ll benefit from a variety of services designed to help you stand out among employers and succeed professionally in your field.
- Computer and Information Technology Occupations. Sept. 1, 2020. Retrieved Feb. 2, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/home.htm
- Database Administrators. April 9, 2021. Retrieved May 20, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/database-administrators.htm#tab-1
- Software Developers. April 9, 2021. Retrieved May 20, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/software-developers.htm