Make a Difference in Public Service Roles
The online bachelor’s in politics, policy and public administration will help you prepare for a variety of impactful roles that are growing quickly. Our program provides you with the knowledge, skills and connections necessary for navigating a successful career in the public arena.
- Rural-informed curriculum allows you to fill a need for well-rounded public administrators across the country
- Broad-based public service curriculum covers the political issues, policy processes and administrative aspects of public service
- Hands-on learning opportunities, such as internships and field placements, that will help you build your resume and make connections
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
Pursue Diverse Public Administration Jobs
Legal Assistant $52,920 per year1
Research Analyst $86,200 per year2
Regional Planner $75,950 per year3
Environmental Specialist $73,230 per year4
Experience the Growth in the Public Administration Field
Multiple career paths that bachelor’s of politics, policy and public administration professionals pursue are growing. Our graduates are able to make an impact and experience career success in a variety of fields and specialties.
- Graduates pursue careers as policy analysts, community development managers and environmental specialists at local, state and federal levels.
- Employment of political scientists is expected to grow nine percent through 2030.5
- Demand for environmental specialists will grow eight percent between 2020 and 2030.4
Program Outcomes and Skills Acquired
What You’ll Learn
Upon graduation, you’ll be able to:
- Lead and manage in public governance.
- Participate and contribute to the policy process.
- Analyze, synthesize, think critically, solve problems and make decisions.
- Articulate and apply a public service perspective.
- Communicate and interact productively with a diverse and changing workforce and citizenry.
Skills You’ll Gain
- Policy creation
- Critical thinking
Prepare for the role you want with the career support services offered by Eastern Oregon University. As a student and a graduate, you’ll benefit from a variety of services designed to help you stand out among employers and succeed professionally in your field.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Retrieved February 11, 2022, https://www.bls.gov/ooh/legal/paralegals-and-legal-assistants.htm.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Retrieved February 11, 2022, https://www.bls.gov/ooh/math/operations-research-analysts.htm.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Retrieved February 11, 2022, https://www.bls.gov/ooh/life-physical-and-social-science/urban-and-regional-planners.htm.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Retrieved February 11, 2022, https://www.bls.gov/ooh/life-physical-and-social-science/environmental-scientists-and-specialists.htm.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Retrieved February 11, 2022, https://www.bls.gov/ooh/life-physical-and-social-science/political-scientists.htm.