Communication Degree Jobs: Unlimited Opportunities
The online bachelor’s in communication studies degree from Eastern Oregon University offers a diverse set of professional skills that employers seek in nearly every industry. Including positions in media, every facet of business and more, this program opens the door to countless communication degree jobs in diverse fields.
- More than 46,000 new communication degree jobs by 20291
- $141,490 median annual salary for marketing managers2
- $62,810 median annual salary for public relations specialists3
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports a growing number of available communication degree jobs. With the field currently expanding at a pace of four percent, more than 46,000 new media and communication positions alone will be created by 2029.1
Marketing managers plan and direct the production of marketing materials and campaigns for businesses and their products and services. They also oversee the collaborative efforts of multiple members of marketing teams.2
Public Relations Specialist
Public relations specialists establish a positive reputation for companies and the products and/or services they offer. They develop campaigns to promote customer engagement and develop a positive public image of their companies.3
Additional communication degree jobs for graduates:
- Digital marketing specialist
- Broadcast and sound engineering technician
- Public relations manager
Get in Touch
We are here to answer any questions you may have. Contact an enrollment counselor at 855-805-5399 or complete the request for information form and we will be in touch.
Program Outcomes: Expertise for the Communication Degree Job You Want
When you complete this program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the principles of effective new media design
- Effectively research, question, argue and interpret evidence in support of conclusions
- Explore new methods of communication through the use of technology
- Apply and evaluate communication theory in the creation and interpretation of messages
- Critically analyze communication in a variety of contexts, including intercultural, interpersonal, visual and mass media.
Prepare for the role you want with the career support services offered by Eastern Oregon University. As a student and a graduate, you’ll benefit from a variety of services designed to help you stand out among employers and succeed professionally in your field.
- Media and Communication Occupations. Sept. 1, 2020. Retrieved Feb. 2, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/media-and-communication/home.htm
- Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers. April 9, 2021. Retrieved May 20, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/advertising-promotions-and-marketing-managers.htm
- Public Relations Specialists. April 9, 2021. Retrieved May 20, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/media-and-communication/public-relations-specialists.htm