Online M.S. in Accounting: Career Outlook
Prepare for Accounting Roles with Impressive Earning Potential
136K New Jobs Annually1
100% Online MSA Program
- Fill the accountant shortage. Meet the urgent demand for accounting professionals — and capitalize on rising salaries.2
- Gain specialized expertise. Our curriculum delves into concepts relevant to governmental, nonprofit and financial accounting roles.
- Establish career connections. EOU’s engaged alumni and employer networks support your success after graduation.
Gain advanced expertise to stand out for in-demand accounting roles with the online Master of Science in Accounting program from Eastern Oregon University. You’ll take courses led by experienced faculty, receiving guidance for achieving your goals after attaining your master’s degree online.
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
Gain Specialized Abilities for Your Accounting Career
Government Accountant1 $77,290 per year
Finance Accountant1 $79,310 rate of pay
Accounting Manager3 $78,371 per year
Budget Analyst4 $79,940 per year
Business Manager5 $64,965 per year
Corporate Controller6 $108,244 per year
Capitalize on the Rising Demand for Accounting Professionals
Overseeing finances puts accountants at the heart of every organization. Even so, there has been an accountant shortage recently, motivating many companies to offer higher wages for these roles.2 Seeking your M.S. in Accounting degree online with EOU helps you benefit from this wage growth and the job security of a field projected to add about 136,400 jobs each year from 2021 to 2031.1
- U.S. employers are expected to need more than 1.5 million accounting professionals by 20311
- The top 10 percent of accountant and auditor salaries exceed $128,000 per year1
- Offering high salaries and a low unemployment rate, accountant is one of the 75 best jobs in America, according to U.S. News & World Report7
Program Outcomes and Skills Acquired
What You’ll Learn
After attaining your M.S. in Accounting degree online, you’ll be able to:
- Perform advanced analysis of financial statements and accounting data
- Make competent managerial decisions in complex situations using accounting and financial data
- Report results of advanced financial analysis and accounting activity to stakeholders both orally and in writing
- Demonstrate adequate preparation to take accounting positions in governmental, quasi-governmental and not-for-profit organizations
- Integrate advanced accounting knowledge within the broader context of governmental, quasi-governmental and not-for-profit organizations
Skills You’ll Gain
The core and elective courses help you build skills in these and other areas:
- Accounting ethics
- Administrative law
- Data analytics
- Financial management and reporting
- Forensic accounting
- Managerial finance
- Results reporting
- Taxation and business strategies
Prepare for the role you want with the career support services offered by Eastern Oregon University. As a student and a graduate, you’ll benefit from a variety of services designed to help you stand out among employers and succeed professionally in your field.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Accountants and Auditors.” Retrieved February 14, 2023, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/accountants-and-auditors.htm.
- The Wall Street Journal. “Struggling to Find Accountants, Businesses Boost Salary Offers, Hire Temporary Workers.” Retrieved February 14, 2023, from https://www.wsj.com/articles/struggling-to-find-accountants-businesses-boost-salary-offers-hire-temporary-workers-11671221526.
- Payscale. “Average Accounting Manager Salary.” Retrieved February 14, 2023, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Accounting_Manager/Salary.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Budget Analysts.” Retrieved February 14, 2023, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/budget-analysts.htm.
- Payscale. “Average Business Manager Salary.” Retrieved February 14, 2023, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Business_Manager/Salary.
- Payscale. “Average Corporate Controller Salary.” Retrieved February 14, 2023, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Corporate_Controller/Salary.
- U.S. News & World Report. “Accountant Overview – Best Jobs.” Retrieved February 10, 2023, from https://money.usnews.com/careers/best-jobs/accountant.