Become a Leader for Local and Global Change
With the online Bachelor’s in Public Administration program from Eastern Oregon University, you’ll prepare for a future of leadership in the nonprofit and public sectors. The program is designed for your success in a variety of public administration careers and explores the foundations of civic engagement through innovative problem-solving techniques.
- $98,890 median annual salary for administrative services managers1
- $75,950 median annual salary for urban and regional planners2
- 11 percent annual growth rate for urban planning industry2
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there’s a growing need for qualified professionals to fill public administration careers. The field of urban planning is growing at an annual rate of 11 percent, and more than 4,000 new positions for urban and regional planners alone are expected to be created by 2029.2
Paragraph is regular City managers lead all sectors of a local government and play a critical role in creating a city’s annual budget. They collaborate with diverse departments of government to determine the best decisions for their city.3
Urban planners determine the best use for land and facilities within a specific area. They contribute to expansion projects and work to meet the needs of their community.2
Additional public administration careers for graduates of this program:
- Administrative services manager
- Budget analyst
- Nonprofit manager
Get in Touch
We are here to answer any questions you may have. Contact an enrollment counselor at 855-805-5399 or complete the request for information form and we will be in touch.
Program Outcomes: Skills to Make a Difference
When you complete this program, you will be able to:
- Utilize effective leadership and management skills.
- Demonstrate strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills in real-life situations.
- Understand political, economic and legal environments in public and nonprofit organizations.
- Influence political and social decisions.
- Recommend reliable policies.
Prepare for the role you want with the career support services offered by Eastern Oregon University. As a student and a graduate, you’ll benefit from a variety of services designed to help you stand out among employers and succeed professionally in your field.
- Administrative Services Managers. April 9, 2021. Retrieved May 20, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/administrative-services-managers.htm
- Urban and Regional Planners. April 9, 2021. Retrieved May 20, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/life-physical-and-social-science/urban-and-regional-planners.htm
- Average City Manager Salary. Jan. 10, 2021. Retrieved Jan. 27, 2021, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=City_Manager/Salary