Expertise for Diverse Political Science and Economics Jobs
The online Bachelor’s in Politics and Economics program from Eastern Oregon University delivers the academic foundation you need to create a better future for your community and the world. When you graduate, you’ll have the credential to pursue a graduate degree, along with a variety of in-demand political science and economics jobs.
- $59,504 average annual salary for policy analysts1
- $125,350 median annual salary for political scientists2
- Six percent annual growth forpolitical science and economics jobs2
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the need for professionals to fill political science and economics jobs is on the rise. The field is currently growing at a rate of six percent annually, and hundreds of new positions are expected to be created by 2029.2
Political scientists conduct and analyze research on the effectiveness of current government policies. They work to determine the success of certain policies and suggest necessary policy changes.2
Policy analysts determine community needs to adjust and develop policies. These professionals typically work with government agencies and nonprofit organizations.1
Additional political science and economics jobs for graduates of this program:
- Non-profit manager
- Survey researcher
Get in Touch
We are here to answer any questions you may have. Contact an enrollment counselor at 855-805-5399 or complete the request for information form and we will be in touch.
Program Outcomes: The Expertise to Shape the Future
When you complete this program, you will be able to:
- Assess different theories, concepts, methods and analytical approaches employed by the disciplines of political science and economics.
- Evaluate problems of empirical analysis and normative inquiry, and synthesize the two approaches in the analysis of the ideas, values and assumptions underlying public policy issues.
- Recognize arguments, test hypotheses and support one’s position through appropriate oral and written communications targeted for specific audiences.
- Make a positive contribution to your community through policy development.
- Utilize an advanced understanding of politics and the economy to produce effective interdisciplinary policy analysis.
Prepare for the role you want with the career support services offered by Eastern Oregon University. As a student and a graduate, you’ll benefit from a variety of services designed to help you stand out among employers and succeed professionally in your field.
- Average Policy Analyst Salary. Jan. 16, 2021. Retrieved Jan. 29, 2021, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Policy_Analyst/Salary
- Political Scientists. April 9, 2021. Retrieved May 20, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/life-physical-and-social-science/political-scientists.htm